因為開始健身, 需要搭配飲食才能事半功倍, 所以最近晚餐都以湯品為主, 少吃點澱粉類, 好消化, 而且煮湯感覺簡單些. 我喜歡東方的清湯, 不喜歡西方的濃湯, 光是想到加了Cream之類的就覺得很肥.
材料 (Serves 4):
4 oz raw prawns
3 oz minced(ground) chicken or pork
3-4 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 garlic cloves, extra, finely chopped
1 coriander(cilantro)root, finely chopped
a few coriander(cilantro) leaves, for garnish (改成泰式九層塔)
1 spring onion(scallion), finely chopped
2 spring onion(scallion), finely chopped, for garnish
2 tb preserved radish
1 TB finely sliced ginger
1 Chinese cabbage leaf, roughly chopped
2 TB Vegetable oil
a pinch of ground white pepper, plus extra, to sprinkle (沒加)
3 3/4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
2 TB light soy sauce
1 3/4 cups cooked rice (沒加)
1. Peel and devein the prawns and cut each prawn along the back so it opens like a butterfly (leave each prawn joined along the base and at the tail, leaving the tail attached).
2. Heat the oil in a small wok or frying pan and stir-fry the finely chopped garlic until light golden. Remove from the heat and discard the garlic.
3. Using a pestle and mortar or a small blender, pound or blend the coriander root, roughly chopped garlic, pepper and a pinch of sale into a paste. In a bowl, combine the coriander paste with the chicken or pork and spring onion. Using a spoon or your wet hands, shape the mixture into small balls about 1 cm across.
4. Heat the stock to boiling point in a saucepan. Add the light soy sauce, preserved radish and 1 3/4 cups cooked rice (沒加白飯). Lower the meatballs into the stock over a medium heat and cool for 3 minutes or until the chicken is cooked. Add the prawns, ginger, and Chinese cabbage to the stock. Cook for another 1 to 2 minutes or until the prawns open and turn pink. Taste, then adjust the seasoning if necessary.
5. Garnish with spring onions and coriander leaves (改加泰式九層塔). Sprinkle with ground white pepper (沒加白胡椒粉) and the garlic oil.
食譜來自The Food of Thailand.