在Shape網站上看到這篇文章說 If you’re doing everything right but still gaining weight, a medical problem could be to blame. Here, five frequently missed culprits behind excess pounds. 不禁讓我好奇點進去看, 因為最近發現自己變胖 (因為舊褲子都穿不下), 但是飲食和運動都差不多啊, 唯一不同的是最近每天晚餐後吃一塊蛋糕捲當甜點, 但應該也不至於多了十磅吧.
1. Hormonal Havoc (更年期/男性賀爾蒙增加)
2. Thyroid Thickness (甲狀腺厚度)
3. The Weight of Water (如果不是月經來的關係, 得去看醫生, 確定不是有關心臟或腎臟的問題)
4. A Knot In Your Stomach (腫瘤)
5. An Rx That Rounds You Up (某些藥物)
我確定我沒前二項的問題, 但後三項我就不確定了, 也許該來找家庭醫生檢查看看了.
5 Seemingly-Harmless Foods That Cause Belly Bloat. 嚼口香糖, 能量Bar, 水果乾, 選錯杏仁奶, 罐頭湯.
This Fitness Blogger is Proving That Abs Really Are All About What You Eat. 平坦小腹跟你吃的食物/份量/時間有絕對直接關係, 這我自己也體驗過.
The Bright Light From Your Smartphone Can Impact Your Metabolism. the bright light altered the your metabolic function by increasing their insulin resistance, which ups your risk of developing type 2 diabetes because evening exposure led to higher peak glucose levels (AKA blood sugar) than morning exposure. And over time, all that excess glucose can lead to excess body fat.
The Surprising Way Relationship Stress Makes You Gain Weight. 我覺得任何一種壓力都會讓你變胖.
春天要來了, 我也得認真看待變胖這件事, 飲食方面可以再做些改變, 運動一定要增加, 好想念有Personal Trainer的時光喔, 那二年是我身材線條最好的時候.
Inside the Gym
1. Do strength exercises that are compound muscle movements. In other words, do moves that utilize multiple muscles and multiple joints at the same time. These recruit and break down more muscle fibers so that in recovery phase, more are building and growing than if you were to do just isolated muscle moves. Exercises include squats, lunges, deadlifts, cleans, burpees, walking lunges, and plyometric moves like jump squats and box jumps, and can be performed with our without weights, as appropriate.
2. Lift heavier weights. I’ve said it before: Train like a man, look like a lady. Do not be afraid of bigger weights! If you lift like the boys, your body produces testosterone in order to adapt to the big stress that you place on it, and this helps build muscle. If you’re doing a back squat comfortably with just a bar, add 5 to 10 pounds to each side. If you are doing eight to 10 reps of any move comfortably, that’s a good sign you should increase your weight. For bodyweight moves, do more reps (if you can—some bodyweight exercises are challenging enough).
3. Up your rep speed. Another way to place more stress on your body is just to complete your reps faster (without sacrificing form). A good pace is one repetition every two seconds. You should still be able to maintain your form.
4. Stick to low-impact, light cardio. And not very much of it. Cardio gets your blood flowing so that your muscles are receiving more oxygen, which promotes muscle growth. But don’t do much of it: You should always be lifting more often than doing cardio if you want to increase your muscle mass. A good plan to stick to is strength training three times a week, and one day of light, low-impact cardio—no six-mile runs. Think about a long-distance runner’s body (very lean, low body fat) compared to a sprinter’s body (more muscular). Also don’t do cardio before your strength training session if you do choose to do them on the same day. This will fatigue your muscles, and you’ll sacrifice form and increase risk of injury.
Outside the Gym
1. Time your carbs. Eat more carbohydrates at breakfast and immediately after your workout in that half-hour anabolic window to maximize muscle recovery. Your body has that short window post-workout to restore, so get a liquid carbohydrate and protein drink into your body to help replenish your glycogen stores as fast as possible. This has proven to restore muscle recovery, increase lean muscle gains, and increase growth hormone levels. During your cardio session, sip on a carb-rich or calorie-rich drink to make sure you keep your calorie intake up. And common sense here: The rest of the day eat good-for-you foods, i.e. lots of color and protein. For more advice, follow this eating plan to gain weight in a healthy way.
RELATED: 20 Foods That Can Ruin Your Workout
2. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! Drink half of your bodyweight in ounces of water daily so your muscles stay full and saturated.
3. Sleep. This is where the magic really happens. After a workout, your muscles use the nutrients and water you’ve ingested during the day, and will work during your sleep to build and grow your muscles. So don’t skimp!