4 cups hulled and crushed ripe strawberries (about 2 quarts whole berries)
2 tablespoons strained fresh lemon juice
7 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon unsalted butter
1 pouch (3 oz) liquid pectin
——————————-Makes about 9 half-pint jars
– In an 8-quart pan, combine the strawberries, lemon juice and sugar. Cover and let stand for 2 hours.
– Remove the cover. Over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, heat the mixture until the sugar is completely dissolved.
– Stir in the butter. Increase the heat to medium-high and bring the mixture to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Stir in the entire contents of the pectin pouch.
– Return the mixture to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly for 1 minute. Remove the pan from the heat. Skim off any foam.
– To prevent the jam from separating in the jars, allow the jam to cool 5 minutes before filling the jars.
– Gently stir the jam every minute or so to distribute the fruit.
– Ladle the hot jam into hot jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace.
– Wipe the jar rims and threads with a clean, damp cloth.
– Cover with hot lids and apply screw rings.
– Process half-pint jars in a 200F (93C) water bath for 10 minutes, pint jars for 15 minutes.